From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT[ How do I unautomate an OOO slideshow?
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:30:24
1 On Friday 30 October 2009, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > People send me slideshows, some of which are interesting enough to
4 > watch. With OOO-3.0, I had to click or use NextPage for each picture
5 > and I got no sound, and that was fine with me. Now OOO 3.1 automates
6 > these slideshows and they really aggravate me -- I use Linux because
7 > it's my computer and I want to set my own pace, not be bored by auto
8 > numbness.
9 >
10 > Is there some way to put a slideshow in manual mode, either on the
11 > command line right from the start or during it? I know ESC quts it,
12 > but that's not what I want. All the docco I find seems to think this
13 > automation is just dandy and teaches how to enable it, but nothing on
14 > how to turn it off.
15
16 On my system, no slideshow advances automatically (at least none of the 7 I
17 tried before writing this).