From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: no x-mouse or console mouse bud gpm started and mouse found. BUMP
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 05:03:36
1 On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > Hi group,
4 >
5 > after a world update including 3.5.7 sources and nvidia-drivers-304.60 I
6 > have no mouse. In the console or desktop. The kernel recognizes the mouse
7 > and it appears in lsusb. I carried over the kernel from last time w/make
8 > oldconfig. All the relevant services are started: gpm, udev, dbus.
9 >
10 > My xorg.conf(written by nvidia-xconfig) is here:
11 >
12 > http://bpaste.net/show/54023
13 >
14 > Xorg.0.log:
15 >
16 > http://bpaste.net/show/54024
17 >
18 > FWIW I uncommented this line in rc.conf
19 >
20 > rc_hotplug="!net.*"
21 >
22 > Can't think of what else to add.
23 >
24 > Max.
27 > This is still a problem. Have to use Ubuntu, ugh! I booted a new kernel,
28 no help. Have all necessary config options. /dev/input/mice. Mouse/s work
29 in Ubuntu. Not in Gentoo, not a different mouse, not a different usb slot.
30 It's not hardware, but $cat /proc/bus/input/devices mentions keyboard but
31 no mouse. That's the only screwup. Oh, and when you enter #cat
32 /dev/input/mice while moving the mouse, nothing happens. Otherwise
33 everything seems "normal" dmesg, lsusb all see the mouse. gpm "started
34 successfully" etc.
35
36 Took this to irc #gentoo. <crickets>