From: Franz Fellner <alpine.art.de@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/bin/qtconfig is missing components
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:20:25
1 IMO the problem is that qtchooser acts as one point to select ALL
2 components for the default Qt, be it qt4 or qt5 (and possibly qt6 in 2020),
3 without checking if the tool really exists.
4 It just forwards the call to an execuatble with the same name inside the
5 qt-installation's bin dir. (/usr/lib/qt...)
6 qtconfig got removed and people (with DEs lacking qt integration) couldn't
7 configure their fonts/colors/widget style/... anymore. So someone just
8 started to develop a third-party config tool to fill the gap.
9 qtchooser on the other hand is an official qt tool (at least it is hosted
10 on qt's servers). I think that's why they don't just call qt5ct ;) And it
11 would introduce a speacial case for just this one tool.