From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Backups
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:11:13
1 > > > I keep them on an USB-stick (udf filesystem, with the same settings
2 > > > like a CD-RW).
3 > >
4 > > But where do you put the USB stick? If my apartment building burns
5 > > to the ground while I'm away, I'll lose my systems and the backups.
6 >
7 > I can't believe you actually asked that. Think, man, think.
8
9 But hindsight is so much clearer than foresight. Good suggestions BTW.
10
11 - Grant
14 > Here's some ways to start:
15 >
16 > Leave it at your mum's house where you have dinner every second day
17 > Leave it at your girlfriend's house
18 > Leave it in a safety box at the post office/your bank
19 > Leave it at a friend's house
20 > Leave it in the desk drawer at work
21 > Hang it off your keyring so it's always on your person
22 > Mail the data to your gmail account
23 > Upload the data to your off-site web/ftp/whatever server
24 > Store the backups in your car boot
25 >
26 > alan
27 --