From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating old Gentoo on notebook
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 20:13:03
1 On 2021.09.13 15:59, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I have a notebook that I haven't updated for a while. After emerge
3 > sync, it said to "emerge -1 portage". Trying to do so got me the
4 > following as listed in the gzipped attachment. I'd really rather not
5 > re-install. Is there a way to get out of this?
6
7 From my very elementary and simplistic look at the log, have you been
8 messing at all with python version related settings? (python_target
9 related flags)
10 It looks like the new portage needs the new version of some python
11 packages, but the older version of some of those packages is still
12 required by yet other packages.
13 Until/unless someone can suggest a more comprehensive approach (which
14 may be likely,) I would try upgrading those pythong packages included
15 in your upgrad - one at a time, trying to figure out which other
16 packages you need to upgrade first.
17 Of course if you've manually modified any python_target settings, I'd
18 consider that to be a likely cause of the problems.
19
20 Jack