From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: consolekit won't start
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 16:53:23
1 On Saturday 16 April 2011 17:27:14 David W Noon wrote:
2 > On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 14:00:02 +0200, Mick wrote about [gentoo-user] Re:
3 > consolekit won't start:
4 >
5 > [snip]
6 >
7 > >After that I restarted xdm which launched kdm as normal. I guess then
8 > >that there are perhaps some xdm dependencies in the starting sequence
9 > >of consolekit. I can add it now to rc-update and see what happens
10 > >when I boot up.
11 >
12 > Consolekit does not like starting when there are already several
13 > daemon processes running. So, you should add it to the *boot* run
14 > level, thus allowing it an early appearance.
15
16 Thanks David. It now seems to start fine at the default run level - as
17 recommended here:
18
19 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/KDE4#KDM_.26_ConsoleKit
20 --