From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] missing dependencies
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 12:59:39
1 2014-02-26 9:30 GMT-03:00 Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>:
2
3 > 2014-02-26 8:54 GMT-03:00 David M. Fellows <fellows@×××.ca>:
4 >
5 > On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 08:12:35 -0300
6 >> Francisco Ares wrote -
7 >> > --001a113311e686e7f304f34d4a39
8 >> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
9 >> >
10 >> > Hi All,
11 >> >
12 >> > It has been for a while, now: every now and then, when updating a perl
13 >> > module, it fails to emerge. Checking the log, it is possible to see
14 >> > something like this, when I tied to update dev-perl/File-MimeInfo :
15 >> >
16 >> > ...
17 >> > Checking prerequisites...
18 >> > requires:
19 >> > ! File::BaseDir is not installed
20 >> > ! File::DesktopEntry is not installed
21 >> > ...
22 >> >
23 >> > Then I checked to see, and both dev-perl/File-BaseDir and
24 >> > dev-perl/File-DesktopEntry are really not installed and are not
25 >> requested
26 >> > for the dev-perl/File-MimeInfo update.
27 >> >
28 >> > At first I thought it was a one and only case. But as time goes by,
29 >> there
30 >> > has been perl packages that refuse to emerge at first, and then,
31 >> checking
32 >> > the emerge log, finding missing modules and manually emerging them,
33 >> > everything goes as it should.
34 >> >
35 >> > Does anyone have a clue on where did I miss them?
36 >>
37 >> You need to run perl-cleaner to rebuild perl modules after a perl update.
38 >>
39 >> emerge perl-cleaner if neecessary
40 >> perl-cleaner --all -p
41 >> to check
42 >> and perl-cleaner --all
43 >> do do the work.
44 >>
45 >> Dave F
49 > Thanks, Dave, gonna try.
50 >
51 > Francisco
55 Ouch! perl-cleaner found 131 packages (5 upgrades, 126 reinstalls). I
56 guess that was the thing I missed :-D
57
58 Thanks again, Dave.