From: jens wefer <jens.wefer@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: perl ssl was:Re: [gentoo-user] dovecot imap-login
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 07:50:43
1 Am Sat, 12 Dec 2015 23:09:20 +0100
2 schrieb jens wefer <jens.wefer@××××××.net>:
3
4 > Am Sat, 12 Dec 2015 17:53:04 +0000
5 > schrieb Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>:
8 > > > On Sat, 12 December 2015, at 3:08 a.m., jens wefer
9 > > > <jens.wefer@××××××.net> wrote:
10 > > >
11 > > > I set up a mail server, postfix/dovecot, ssl required.
12 > > > test with mail-client, all ok
13 > > > when I try to copy mails with imapsync (gentoo) comes timeout,
14 > > > and imapsync will login again.
15 > > > with each new login, a new process imap-login is generated.
16 > >
17 > > Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you know it's timing
18 > > out?
19 > >
20 > > Could it just be slow, as it has to compile loads of messages in its
21 > > first run?
22 > >
23 > > Looks like dovecot has a 30 minute timeout. [1]
24 > >
25 > > An old message on the Dovecot mailing list [2] suggests to set
26 > > "verbose_proctitle = yes" in config to see why each process is open.
27 > >
28 > > It also suggests using high-performance mode, rather that the
29 > > default.
30 > >
31 > > Stroller.
32 >
33 > timeout comes from imapsync (default timeout 120 sec).
34 > after 10 minutes then running 5 Dovecot processes which want 100% CPU
35 > time. mail logfile:
36 > imap-login: Login: user = .... blablub, TLS ession, ..
39 I think that's a problem with perl.
40 When I send an email with sendEmail comes SSLv3 Aler handshake failure.
41 if I use a newer sendEmail version (1.56.5) comes Segnentation fault.
42 when I start sendEmail on CentOS is everything ok.