From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: gentoo filesystems (was: [gentoo-user] about grub)
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 06:24:45
1 Am Montag, 9. Juli 2007 schrieb ext Neil Bothwick:
2 > Hello Allan Gottlieb,
3 >
4 > > > On new installs I tend to stick with / (including /boot) swap and an
5 > > > LVM partition for everything else.
6 > >
7 > > Just one partition? I have never used lvm, but thought that a
8 > > motivation was to be able to move space from one partition to another.
9 >
10 > One physical partition used by LVM, but then several logical partitions
11 > on that.
12
13 Guess you wanted to write logical volumes. A logical partition is something
14 different. It could mean that inside the big LVM partition, you would
15 create logical partitions by using fdisk.
16
17 Bye...
18
19 Dirk
20 --
21 Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
22 Configuration Manager | Fax: +49 (0)211 47068 111
23 Capgemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.heinrichs@×××××××××.com
24 Wanheimerstraße 68 | Web: http://www.capgemini.com
25 D-40468 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733
26 GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net