From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD "FUSE decrypter" to allow non-DeCSS players to work with encrypted DVDs?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:05:15
1 On 2010-06-23, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Let's say I have DVD playing software that can only play unencrypted
4 > DVDs (either as ISO images or as mounted trees), and I want to use it
5 > to play an encrypted DVD.
6 >
7 > Is there any sort of FUSE+libdvdread+libdvddecss utility that can be
8 > pointed at an encrypted DVD and then present to user-space apps
9 > an unencrypted-filesystem-tree-view of that DVD?
10
11 Ah, I think I found a likely candidate:
12
13 http://jspenguin.org:81/dvdfs/
14 http://forum.opentvix.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=281
15
16 Not sure how I missed this in my first round of googling.
19 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm changing the
20 at CHANNEL ... But all I get
21 gmail.com is commercials for "RONCO
22 MIRACLE BAMBOO STEAMERS"!