From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sync, emerge -puND world, and WHAM!!! ~100 packages to merge.
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 18:40:19
1 On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi, Gentoo!
3 >
4 > Has anybody else seen this? I did a sync, then emerge -puND world and
5 > got a list of ~100 packages to merge. About a third of them seem to be
6 > new perl stuff, 13 packages with gnome, and a lot of this and that.
7 >
8 > Most worrying is sys-fs/udisks-2.1.0. Should I be worried about this
9 > (all my other udev-ish stuff is up to date), or will it just work?
10 >
11 > But getting such a large update, all at once, seems worrying. Should I
12 > worry about anything, or just plough ahead with the update?
13
14 You must not be a KDE user. Hundreds of upgraded packages at once is a
15 monthly routine... :)
16
17 I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes if I have a really large list of
18 packages, I will upgrade @system first and then upgrade @world second,
19 but there's no real scientific reason to do so, just my own "good
20 feelings"...