From: Jalus Bilieyich <countolaf17@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up fetchmail to feed postfix
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 15:58:39
1 Yes, I have an IMAP account provided by GMail.
2
3 On 11/26/2017 12:58 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 > On 26/11/2017 04:30, Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 >> On Saturday, 25 November 2017 16:20:46 GMT Jalus Bilieyich wrote:
6 >>> As an everyday user of KMail, I am completely happy with using it. I
7 >>> don't see any flaws with it. Maybe it's just me or...? Is there a reason
8 >>> behind the hostile glare towards KMail?
9 >>
10 >> Do you have POP3 or IMAP-4 accounts?
11 >>
12 >> It used to be like that for me too, but not for a long time now. I get
13 >> duplicate messages, which are a known problem and easily worked around, but
14 >> the latest version of KMail whinges about more than one candidate for
15 >> display and just gives up. Then I have to stop KMail, start akonadiconsole
16 >> and use it to delete the akonadi cache of the affected folder, restart
17 >> akonadi and (when the debug messages quieten down) restart KMail and click
18 >> on the same folder. Then it rebuilds the threads and stores them neatly away
19 >> in MySQL.
20 >>
21 >> This happens several times a day, sometimes even more than once in the same
22 >> folder. I don't know why I should be affected more than anyone else, but I
23 >> do seem to be. It reminds me of Dale and his struggles a few years ago with
24 >> ... what was it again, Dale?
27 > it was the init thingy, and before that it was HAL
28 >