From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help finding a tv tuner card's chipset
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 05:54:36
1 On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 23:40 -0500, forgottenwizard wrote:
2
3 > All great suggestions, except I'm hoping to see if it might work before
4 > I buy it. I really don't like the prospect of spending money on hardware
5 > just for things to turn out that it doesn't work in Linux.
6
7 take your laptop into the store. Or if you don't have a laptop, take a
8 livecd with lsusb, lshw, etc. on it. If they won't accommodate that,
9 shop somewhere else ;)
10
11 If you're buying online, find a local store that has the same card and
12 do the same thing.
13
14 If you don't have any local stores, ... um, post to this list!!
15
16 HTH!
20 I have defined the hundred per cent American as ninety-nine per cent an idiot.
21 -- George Bernard Shaw
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list