From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Copy'n'Paste...but not for all?
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 18:43:38
1 On 06/26 05:14, Nils Freydank wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Am Sonntag, 25. Juni 2017, 20:12:38 CEST schrieb tuxic@××××××.de:
5 > > [...]
6 > >
7 > > Looks a little weird to me...
8 > > Is that an error, which fails to fail completly
9 > > or is a half working feature (or do I fail
10 > > in both cases ... ;) ?
11 >
12 > all this sounds like the magic of different clipboards under X. I’m not into
13 > the details anymore, so I’ll just drop link that looks useful (and mentions
14 > autocutsel as in x11-misc/autocutsel) to solve this:
15 >
16 > https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=22682
17 >
18 > --
19 > GPG fingerprint: '00EF D31F 1B60 D5DB ADB8 31C1 C0EC E696 0E54 475B'
20 > Nils Freydank
23 Hi,
24
25 oh thanks for all the input...it seems I am not alone (this time).
26
27 As said: My workaround is the URL input field of Firefox...
28
29 I dont like CTRL-V/CTRL-P that much...its a windows way. I am on
30 UNIX. And VirtualBox/VMware/Vwhatever should use the way to do
31 it as the guest system would do it. It should translate
32 from select'n'copy to CTRL-V if the guest is Windows
33 and select'n'copy to click'n'Paste if it is a UNIX/Linux.
34 And Firefox should not "infect" UNIX/Linux with this
35 CTRL-C/CTRL-V-way-of-life if not running on Windows.
36
37 ...but as I also think, that the HP42s was the best
38 pocket calculator ever made, this may only be
39 worth the two cents of the currency, which may vary
40 (or not). ;)
41
42 Cheers
43 Meino
44
45 PS: Who, who wants back the charm of a HP42s build
46 into modern electronic with a bigger display, more RAM
47 and run by open source software ("Free42" by Thomas
48 Okken) should check SwissMicros. They are currently
49 on the way to reinkarnate a new HP42s called DM42.
50 I am only an ethusiast and by no way affiliated with
51 SwissMicros. Check YouTube for DM42 for some short
52 impressions.
53 Can't wait for its birthday: Welcome back, HP42s!
54 :)
55 Sorry for the OT part...but...couldn't resist...;))