From: peter@××××××××××××.uk
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't boot btrfs
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:22:54
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote :
2
3 > Peter Humphrey writes:
6 > > This time I tried "device=/dev/sda3,/dev/sdb3" in case that was the proper
7 > > syntax, but it made no discernible difference - the final message from the
8 > > kernel panic was the same "VFS: Unable to mount roofs on
9 > > unknown-block(8,3)".
12 > Hello Peter,
13 >
14 > As many know, I have made many failed attempts to get btrfs in raid 1
15 > working
16 > on gentoo, and have to this date, failed.
19 > OpenSuse-13.2 seems to solve this, but not in raid-1 config. I have read
20 > that you can easily add the second disk after install and change the config
21 > to raid-1. I'm working on this, but other things limit my time atm.
24 > Using YaST to config the btrfs under openSuse is a breeze. Once I have ti
25 > all fixed I can just copy the necessary files (fstab etc) to another system
26 > and install gentoo of top of those disks.
29 > Others use calculate linux or sabayon similarly and are quite happy with
30 > the results. I am hope that somebody figures this out and sees to it that
31 > the information makes it to the gentoo wiki, for all to benefit from robust
32 > usage of btrfs in raid-1.
35 > Sorry, that I could not be of more help.
36
37 No, that's interesting - thanks. I've just started building it again; if this fails too I'll follow your suggestion.
38
39 (Apologies if the format is bad; I'm using web mail.)