From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RealPlayer-not-fetching-when-wget
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:17:51
1 On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 03:39:49PM +0600, simply change wrote
2 > hi!
3 >
4 > i tried to fetch Realplayer new version using emerge tool (#emerge
5 > -f realplayer). but it was not possible. then i tried it download
6 > it by manually from
7 > https://helixcommunity.org/download.php/1343/RealPlayer-10.0.5.756-20050513.i586.rpm&
8 > this worked for me.
9 >
10 > THIS IS ONLY F.Y.I
11
12 See the thread "Realplayer unsupported scheme?" from July 8th where I
13 ran into the same problem. Note the "https" at the front of the URL.
14 wget will work with https... if it is emerged with ssl support. I.e.
15 you need the "ssl" flag in your USE variable, or at least in
16 package.use.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca
21 --