From: Branko Grubic <bitlord0xff@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Building firefox-61 with distcc
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 21:09:15
1 On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 22:33:15 +0200
2 Branko Grubic <bitlord0xff@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 13:14:22 -0700
5 > Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Well, I discovered some of my plugins stopped working on Firefox
8 > > because they've been updated to the new plugin format.
9 > >
10 > > I've been using distcc for a long time now, and I've tried to build
11 > > firefox and it fails with:
12 ...
13 > > Dan
16 > Same issue here with FF and distcc, it's happening for few releases
17 > now, whenever I tried to find a solution I was going over some old
18 > build system issues with FF on their bugzilla.
19 >
20 > You can disable distcc for specific package using package.use[1].
21 > I have just two things set:
22 > FEATURES="-distcc -distcc-pump"
23 > and MAKEOPTS reduced in the nodistcc.conf
26 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/package.env
27
28 It's not package.use but package.env, documentation url is right, just
29 what I wrote before isn't, no idea what I was thinking at the time.
30 Sorry for the confusion.