From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Don't start a new thread by changing the subject
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 11:50:23
1 On Saturday 25 June 2011 01:09:31 David W Noon wrote:
2 > On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:12:26 -0700, kashani wrote about [gentoo-user]
3 >
4 > Don't start a new thread by changing the subject:
5 > > I've noticed this a couple of times this week. A few of you
6 > >
7 > > have responded to the annoying Fortran thread, changed the subject,
8 > > started a new message, and sent the email starting a new thread.
9 >
10 > You're a week or two behind the times. The root cause of this was done
11 > to death some time ago. It is the bofh.it NNTP server that propagates
12 > this mailing list through Usenet. There is nothing we can do except
13 > avoid using servers downstream from that rogue server.
16 completely different problem.
17
18 there are:
19
20 lazy idiots hitting 'reply' and then create a new message breaking threads.
21 Suddenly you have a misnamed subthread confusing everybody or annoy me.
22
23 stupid servers mangling headers breaking threads so answers create new
24 threads.
25
26 Of course, those who use usenet servers for gentoo-ml are to be blamed for the
27 second problem. Is there any good, valid reason to do so?
28 --
29 #163933