From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] empty cdrom drive is busy or mounted
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 15:26:41
1 try "lsof /cdrom"?  It says the mount point, not the device, might be busy.
2
3 On 8/16/19 10:23 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I have a very strange effect on my Gentoo system.
7 > First, I've check that /dev/sr0 points to the correct device (from dmesg)
8 >
9 > For an empty drive  I get
10 >
11 > 1 # mount /dev/sr0 /cdrom
12 > mount: /cdrom: /dev/sr0 already mounted or mount point busy.
13 >
14 > 2 # lsof /dev/sr0
15 >
16 > 3 # umount /dev/sr0
17 > umount: /dev/sr0: not mounted.
20 > Does anybody know what's going on here?
21 >
22 > Many thanks for a hint.
23 >
24 > P.S. I have checked this with two physically different drives.