From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] A free VPN server
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 01:43:49
1 This company:
2
3 https://proxpn.com
4
5 sponsors my all-time-favorite podcast, which I heartily commend to you:
6
7 http://twit.tv/show/security-now
8 (the audio podcast is what I suggest, as the video adds very little)
9
10 Anyway, you can get a free account from proxpn.com by giving them a
11 working email address (no credit card or any other personal info).
12
13 Here is what I used to get it working on gentoo:
14
15 net-misc/networkmanager
16 net-misc/networkmanager-pptp
17
18 and I had to add these to my kernel config:
19
20 CONFIG_PPP
21 CONFIG_PPP_MPPE
22 CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC
23
24 The name of the server to give networkmanager is pptp.proxpn.com
25
26 I confess I have no idea how to do all of this without networkmanager,
27 but I'd like to hear from you networking nerds out there who know more
28 about this stuff than I do.