From: Jamie <gentoo@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gnome does not 'see' DVD RW drive
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:55:49
1 I've just installed Gentoo 2007.0 after being a little annoyed by the
2 speed (or lack of) in the latest Ubuntu release.
3 Things are going pretty well but for some reason Gnome does not appear to
4 be able to 'see' my DVD burner. I cannot right click in Nautilus and burn
5 to disc, nor does a DVD drive show up in Place -> Computer.
6 /etc/make.conf:
7
8 # These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically
9 # built this stage.
10 # Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example.
11 CFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=i686 -pipe"
12 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
13 # This should not be changed unless you know exactly what you are doing. You
14 # should probably be using a different stage, instead.
15 CHOST="i486-pc-linux-gnu"
16 USE="X arts avi cups mpeg jpeg png qt quicktime truetype gtk kde samba nfs
17 opengl dvd xvid cdr dvdr dvdread"
18
19 I should note that I am running an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ but running a 32
20 bit environment as I have never quite got my head around running a 32 bit
21 chroot (?is that the correct term?) to enable the things that don't run
22 under 64 bit to run in a 32 bit environment.
23
24 Hopefully this will be something easily fixed and I welcome any
25 suggestions and will provide further information if asked.
26
27 Cheers
28
29 Jamie