From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (OT) Reboot to Windows (using grub)
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 13:29:47
1 Liviu Andronic writes:
2
3 > I was wondering if anyone knew how (whether) it is possible to set
4 > temporary options to grub.
5 [...]
6 > Basically, I would like to issue a command (restart with a certain
7 > grub temporary setup change), go make myself a cup of tee and come
8 > back and see the Windows login screen.
9
10 grub-set-default <n>
11
12 N is the number of the entry in grub.conf, counting from 0. So, if you
13 have 2 entries only, grub-set-default 1 would activate the 2nd entry,
14 probably windows. You need to have the line
15 default saved
16 in grub.conf for this to work. See "info grub", section "Invoking
17 grub-set-default::" for more infomation.
18
19 Wonko
20 --
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list