From: Zeerak Mustafa Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing Gentoo via Gentoo ?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:51:21
1 On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 02:21:19PM +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > currently I am reading the Gentoo-Handbokk about installing a
6 > new Gentoo-System via boot-CD.
7 >
8 > If I have a running Gentoo-Sytem on my PC...would it be
9 > possible to install a new Gentoo-System on a fresh harddisk,
10 > which is currently unpartitioned and unformatted electrically
11 > wired with my PC (SATAII) ?
12 >
13 > Just an idea...
14 >
15 > Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
16 > Best regards
17 > mcc
18 >
19 > --
20 > Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
21 > unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
22 > See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
23 > In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.
27 Should be, the most important thing for a Gentoo install is after all a commandline after all :-)
28 (And the necessary tools the handbook assumes you have as they are on the boot-cd)
31 Zeerak Waseem