From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel multitasking improvement
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:48:20
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 01:36 on Friday 19 November 2010, Daniel D
2 Jones did opine thusly:
3
4 > Has anyone running Gentoo tried this? If so, what were your results?
5 >
6 > http://www.webupd8.org/2010/11/alternative-to-200-lines-kernel-patch.html
7 >
8 > The instructions include adding the following command to .bashrc:
9 >
10 > mkdir -m 0700 /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/user/$$
11 >
12 > Under /sys/fs/, the only subdirectory I have is fuse. It isn't clear to me
13 > if simply creating the entire tree will work or if some alteration is
14 > necessary for this to work under Gentoo.
15
16 cgroup is control group. I'll bet you don't have it included in your kernel.
17
18 It's under the first menu item in menuconfig.
19
20 The article doesn't mention it, it assumes you run redhat or ubuntu
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com