From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ssh trouble
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:09:12
1 Yesterday's update to ssh (openssh-5.1_p1-r1) is giving me trouble.
2
3 The client is allan. The server is ajglap.
4
5 From the client (gnome-terminal) I can run ssh as follows
6
7 gottlieb@allan ~ $ ssh ajglap
8 Last login: Tue Oct 28 11:50:02 EDT 2008 from allan on ssh
9 Last login: Tue Oct 28 11:54:33 2008 from allan
10 xhost: unable to open display ""
11 gottlieb@ajglap ~ $
12
13 adding a -Y gives the same output
14
15 But I can't run other server programs from the client. The following
16 used to start emacs on the server displaying a new X11 window on the
17 client.
18
19 gottlieb@allan ~ $ ssh -Y ajglap emacs
20 emacs: standard input is not a tty
21 gottlieb@allan ~ $
22
23 removing the -Y gives the same output
24
25 I went to the server and created ~/.ssh/config with contents
26
27 ForwardX11Trusted yes
28
29 But this didn't help (I also tried the risky ForwardX11).
30
31 I am planning to downgrade, but wanted to ask here first if I have just
32 misconfigured something (bugs.gentoo.org didn't seem to have anything
33 relevant).
34
35 thanks,
36 allan