From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID: new drive on aac raid
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 07:15:27
1 Am 05.10.20 um 21:32 schrieb karl@××××××××.se:
2
3 > What if you put it on the 53c1030 card, can you do that, at least to
4 > verify the disk ?
5
6 I am 600kms away from that server and the people I could send to the
7 basement there aren't very competent in these things. I am afraid that
8 won't work out well.
9
10 I only told them to remove and re-insert the new drive. Maybe some
11 contact issue.
12
13 What do you think, is 2 TB maybe too big for the controller?
14
15 > What do sg_verify /dev/sg11 return ?
16
17 nothing
18
19 > Can you do sg_dd if=foo of=/dev/sg11 count=10 and get it back with
20 > sg_dd if=/dev/sg11 of=bar count=10, with cmp foo bar; echo $?
21 > returning 0 ?
22
23 Yes, that works.