From: Moshe Kaminsky <kaminsky@××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] kill a child and suicide
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 12:50:25
1 * Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> [02/05/06 16:00]:
2 > parent.sh
3 > #!/bin/bash
4 > <do something>
5 > /path/to/child.sh
6 > <do something else>
7 >
8 > When parent.sh receives a TERM signal, I would like child.sh to receive
9 > TERM also, and then parent.sh receive TERM.
10 > The <do something else> part is why I can't use "exec /path/to/child.sh". Is
11 > there some way to achieve this?
12
13 You can use 'kill 0' to send a signal to your own process group.
14 Something like this:
15
16 #!/bin/sh
17 trap 'kill 0;exit' TERM
18 echo "before"
19 ( sleep 30; echo inside )
20 echo "after"
21
22 Note that you can also send the signal with the negative of the pid, and
23 then it goes to the whole process group.
24
25 Moshe
28 > --
29 > Jorge Almeida
30 > --
31 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
35 I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
36 -- Douglas Adams
37
38 Moshe Kaminsky <kaminsky@××××××××××××.il>
39 Home: 08-9456841