From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnupg 2.1: mutt asks for the passphrase twice
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 00:42:43
1 On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 08:26:48AM +1100, Sam Jorna wrote:
2
3 > > > apparently, gnupg 2.1 does not recognise my passphrase anymore if I enter it
4 > > > in mutt’s terminal: I compose a signed mail in mutt and send it off. Thus I
5 > > > am asked for the passphrase first on the terminal (as it has always been),
6 > > > and then a second time in a graphical pinentry window.
7 > >
8 > > I just recently resolved this myself. You need to add
9 > >
10 > > --pinentry-mode loopback
11 > >
12 > > to the relevant commands in your muttrc:
13 > > [...]
14 > Just re-read this and realised it sounds like I meant the only ones you
15 > needed it on were those three. I believe the option needs to be added to
16 > those three plus "pgp_sign_command" and "pgp_clearsign_command".
17
18 Thanks a mucho. The mutt docs say that pgp_clearsign_command is deprecated,
19 so I won’t change that. In case I ever use it unintentionally. :)
20
21 I used the opportunity to upgrade mutt from 1.5 to 1.7, which merged the
22 sidebar patch upstream with better formatting than before. *yay*
25 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
26 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
27
28 Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant.