From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC upgrade from 4.5.3 to 4.5.4 automatically removes 4.5.3???? Wtf???
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:32:56
1 On 2012-09-07 9:12 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Tanstaafl<tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Well, I've been managing this gentoo server since I installed it over 8
4 >> years ago, and I don't *ever* recall a GCC upgrade removing my prior
5 >> version.
6
7 > All of us told you that you are wrong. Since you insist that Gentoo
8 > always keep multiple gcc versions of the same slot around, then ok , I
9 > guess you know better.
10
11 I'm simply saying that I have always been very careful with GCC upgrades
12 (among a few others), and I have always kept the prior version around,
13 using gcc-select to switch to the new version after the upgrade.
14
15 I guess the only explanation if what you guys are saying is correct is
16 that I've never done a minor upgrade for the version in the current slot...
17
18 Weird...