From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev Migration and SCSI -- SOLVED
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:47:13
1 On Friday 21 October 2005 23:29, Ian Brandt wrote:
2 > Thanks to Mike and John for all their help.  I learned a lot.
3
4 Well, that's what we're here for :)
5
6 > I was able to change my lilo.conf and fstab from the
7 > /dev/scsi/hostW/busX/targetY/lunZ/* scheme to /dev/sdaX instead, and
8 > my 2.4 kernel came back up no problem.  (I wish I could remeber what
9 > forced me into using the /dev/scsi scheme in the first place, but oh
10 > well.)
11 >
12 > With that change 2.6 came up as well.
13
14 w00t!
17 Mike Williams
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list