From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting Gentoo from USB stick
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:05:16
2 > As to the second suggestion, there is *no* /dev/sda1 (the partition in
3 > question).  It just doesn't exist for some reason.  However, fstab shows
4 > that it's mounted, and /sys/block has entries for the disk, so I'm not
5 > sure why it's dropped out.  I'm guessing it has something to do with
6 > udevd, or uevents?  Because shortly before that, I tell it to find the
7 > root partition at /dev/sda1, and it starts to boot, but then it loses it.
10 What is that in concrete, it starts? What do you see, hear, smell?
11
12 Al