From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eselect binutils list not matching
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:37:40
1 On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>   One of my machines is giving an undesired response in eselect:
6 >>
7 >> c2stable ~ # eselect binutils list
8 >> !!! Error: Pattern  does not match any installed version of binutils!
9 >> exiting
10 >> c2stable ~ #
11 >
12 > Mine does the same thing on 1 computer but works on 2 others. All with
13 > the same versions of all involved packages. Weird.
16 Hey, at least I'm in good company if my old friend Paul Hartman sees
17 the same thing. :-)
18
19 There is a patch to the binutils.eselect file here that worked for me:
20
21 https://423525.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=316441
22
23 Before patching (if you do at all - I recommend you don't patch unless
24 you just want to) run this command in the directory you are running
25 eselect in. (For me it was just /root)
26
27 echo -*
28
29 On a 'good' machine it returns
30
31 -q
32
33 On a 'bad' machine here it returns
34
35 --help -q
36
37 I don't think the machine is really bad. I think eselect was likely
38 just not being selective enough about how it works with whatever is in
39 the directory or search path? Not sure.
40
41 If you see something different you might add it to the bug report but
42 I suspect we've got the same issue.
43
44 Cheers,
45 Mark