From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} SSD instead of RAID1?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:45:32
1 >> Sounds good.  Will commenting the swap line out of /etc/fstab and
2 >> rebooting disable swap?
3 >
4 > Yes. Or, temporarily,  the 'swapoff' command.
5 >
6 >> In order to resize the root partition to
7 >> include the swap paritition, I'll have to boot to LiveCD right?
8 >
9 > I think it might work without. If you have hda1=boot, hda2=root, hda3=swap,
10 > you could delete hda3 and hda2 with [c]fdisk and make hda2 the size of
11 > hda2+hda3, then use resize2fs to increase the size of hda2. Increasing a
12 > file system's size works online nowadays. I don't think it would work with
13 > hda2=swap and hda3=root, but I'm not sure.
14
15 Thanks everyone.
16
17 I have sda1=boot, sda2=swap, sda3=root. Does anyone know if I'm
18 required to use a LiveCD in this case?
19
20 - Grant