From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] looking for a couple of systemd units
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 06:03:55
1 Had problems configuring the static network inside a gentoo VM.
2
3 The network never came up but when I logged in and started the
4 network.service manually it worked. Strange.
5
6 The mentioned service-file was the one here (my posting with /bin/ip):
7
8 http://gentoo.2317880.n4.nabble.com/Systemd-and-static-network-td265801.html
9
10 So I googled some more and used the more complex file from arch:
11
12 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_Configuration#Manual_connection_at_boot_using_systemd
13
14 With this the VM gets connected fine now.
15
16 It's even more flexible as it allows to set up multiple NICs by simply
17 creating the corresponding config-file in /etc/conf.d