From: Mateusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glxgears segfaults as user, works as root
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:46:48
1 Mick pisze:
2 > On Sunday 27 January 2008, Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi all,
5 >>
6 >> on with my ati-drivers 8.452.1 woes!
7 >>
8 >> This time, glxgears & fgl_glxgears will segfault as root. FPS is bad
9 >> for GL stuff. When I run glxgears in sudo, it works!
10 >>
11 >> I've checked groups and permissions on /dev/dri/card0 and whatever I can
12 >> think of, but nothing jumps out at me. Google is not much help either.
13 >>
14 >> any hints? thanks!
17 > I had to unmask the x11-base/x11-drm-20070314 to get dri to work on my system
18 > (but I have an old ATI laptop card). The stable version would not even
19 > compile. You may have to try them all out in case there is a version that
20 > works.
23 If You still having that problem try to uncomment last 3 lines in Your
24 /etc/X11/xorg.conf. I think that is a problem with DRM/DRI rights to
25 other users. If You cannot compile stable release try to make:
26
27 emerge --sync && emerge -u system
28
29 and then try to compile stable release. Also put Your USE flags and
30 CFLAGS into answer to this email.
31 You should also try to recompile (by emerge) MESA, because glxgears may
32 not work as some mesa issues.
35 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list