From: Forrest Schultz <f.schultz0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdm: can't login and start KDE
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 20:35:52
1 To be fair, I really don't know much about either of these processes.
2 However, it looked like the log was describing a situation where, due to a
3 lack of timezone information, the two processes were unable to communicate
4 properly. Is it at all possible that this is caused by some processes
5 defaulting to different time zones? DBUS certainly sounds like a program
6 where correct time information would be important. On the other hand, I
7 would think that they would both pull system time if that was the case.
8 Also, none of things you did sound like they would have fixed that. It also
9 seems possible that the library/package rebuild fixed something that was
10 wrong with ktimezoned specifically. Well, there's my two cents.