From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Being Facebook member: How to anon?
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 16:45:08
1 On 22/10/2017 16:27, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > On 10/22 01:58, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >> On 22 October 2017 10:50:01 GMT+02:00, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> for its invasive nature and its data gathering I really dont like
7 >>> facebook.
8 >>>
9 >>> And now it seems that I cant with out it:
10 >>> There is a HUGE user group for the Creality CR-10 3D printer there
11 >>> and veryone and everything is referencing it.
12 >>>
13 >>> My question is:
14 >>> Are there ways (and which ones) to become member of facebook
15 >>> just to read and write to this user grout (like a mailinglist)
16 >>> and keep the impact on privacy an personal fingerprinting as
17 >>> small as ever possible?
18 >>>
19 >>> Every help is very appreciated!
20 >>> Cheers
21 >>> Meino
22 >>
23 >> Run a dedicated browser in a dedicated user account. This should isolate any tracking cookies from going into your main account.
24 >>
25 >> --
26 >> Joost
27 >> --
28 >> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
31 > Hi Joost,
32 >
33 > thanks for your help.
34 >
35 > Does "dedicated browser" means "Firefox -NewInstance -P Facebookprofle" or
36 > does it mean "another browser than the installed firefox" ?
39 The latter.
40
41 Unless you are seriously paranoid and the NSA really is out to get you,
42 then use the former and more. But in that case you have much bigger
43 problems than wondering if the spammers will find you from facebook
46 Alan McKinnon
47 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com