From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re:: Re: [gentoo-user] Endlessly growing xorg-session.log
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 08:02:30
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote :
2
3 > On Monday, 10 September 2018 09:49:16 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > Hello list,
5 > >
6 > > I've been suffering some very odd problems recently, including lost
7 > e-mails,
8 > > but I've finally found something that could explain them all: disk space
9 > > down to zero in /home.
10 > >
11 > > My ~/.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log had grown to 15G!
12 >
13 > Ouch! This is rather large.
14
15 Indeed. :(
16
17 > > It was mostly full of repetitions of this:
18 > >
19 > > [warn] epoll_wait: Bad file descriptor
20 > >
21 > > I didn't have the patience to search backwards to find the last entry
22 > before
23 > > those, so I can't be certain what process was spamming me; I just have to
24 > > assume it was sddm, since that's whose directory the log was in.
25
26 Update: I had another Konsole open yesterday, from which I'd last issued an akonadictl restart command. Those warnings were scrolling by faster that I could read them.
27
28 > > Is this common experience? I don't see anything on bgo, and that nice Mr
29 > > Google hasn't helped either.
30 >
31 > This file is meant to be recreated each time you login as that particular
32 > user. On a buggy desktop here I have 13M and on a quiet desktop I have 0.9M
33 > after a couple of hours since login.
34
35 I'm not back up to speed yet, having begun yet another installation from bare silicon and created yet another new user for myself. I know I've lost some e-mails; I'm using webmail to write this.
38 Regards,
39 Peter.