From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: Users Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Updating a system....catch-22...
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:09:50
1 I have a system that I'm just bringing back online after a few months down due to hardware issues and lack of resources to get new hardware.
2
3 Some things are going okay - I got it past the e2fsprogs/e2fsprogs-lib update fiasco (after hosing it and using GRML to get it back up).
4 However, I'm now stuck.
5
6 emerge world -vuDN won't complete because a package can't use "java-config", complaining about python-updater needing to be run.
7 However, python-updater won't run because the of blocks due to software being outdated and masked.
8
9 So it's a catch-22. I need to install a new java-config and other software before I can get python-updater to run, but the emerge won't go through without running python-updater for at least one package.
10
11 Any ideas on how to resolve?
12
13 TIA,