From: doug asherman <doug@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Totem doesn't play DVDs
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 01:56:56
1 Alan wrote:
2 > On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 08:03:12PM -0500, Randy Barlow wrote:
3 >> Howdy all, I'm trying to get Totem to play DVD's, but it tells me that I
4 >> don't have the appropriate plugin to handle DVDs. Anybody seen this
5 >> before and know how to handle it?
6 >
7 > Did you compile with the dvd and xine use flags? I believe that xine is
8 > needed for DVD menus.
9
10 I'm not the original poster, but...
11
12 According to a note at the end of an "emerge totem", if you use the xine
13 backend, you get DVD menus. Just for kicks, I unmerged totem and
14 re-emerged it with the xine keyword. Still no DVD menus.
15
16 Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but perhaps this will help point the
17 way towards what the problem is.
18
19 In the meantime, may I suggest using xine to play DVDs? It's the best
20 I've used (haven't used Ogle or Mplayer to play DVDs, though).
21
22 Doug
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list