From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] migrating firefox 1.5 - issues should I be aware?
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:39:27
1 On Saturday 03 June 2006 12:36, b.n. wrote:
2 > I'm gonna quite tired of the infinite amount of time Firefox 1.5.x is
3 > waiting in the ~x86 limbo...
4 >
5 > But since I trust my developers I know I'm risking, so: I'd like to
6 > know: which issues do I risk in migrating from 1.0.8 to 1.5? I don't
7 > talk that much of 1.5 specific bugs (I checked bugzilla but if you can
8 > point me at some serious issue, tell me), but of issues in the migration
9 > (bookmarks, settings, plugins,etc.).
10
11 I don't think there are any issues. i have been using 1.5 for a long time, and
12 when i moved from 1.0.whatever, firefox just gave me a dialog box for
13 checking for updates and performing updates on plugins. It was pretty easy.
14
15 Bookmarks and settings are moved over without issues.
18 > And expecially, if I find 1.5 bugs expecially annoying and I wanna come
19 > back to 1.0.8, are there known problems?
20
21 Probably not. Keep a backup of ~/.mozilla just in case.
24 "When you walk across the fields with your mind pure and holy, then from
25 all the stones, and all growing things, and all animals, the sparks of
26 their soul come out and cling to you. And then they are purified, and
27 become a holy fire in you." -- Ancient Hasidic Saying
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list