From: ny6p01@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-drivers vs. nouveau
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 21:19:30
1 On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:38:50PM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 >
3 > Just being curious:
4 >
5 > I use my main workstation primarily for work.
6 >
7 > Ok, gnome3 needs some graphic acceleration, aside from that I can only
8 > think of the occasional mythfrontend running on my desktop.
9 >
10 > I consider to chose nouveau drivers instead of the nvidia-drivers-package.
11 >
12 > What are your recommendations?
13 >
14 > Thanks, Stefan
17 I use the nouveau drivers because they update themselves when you update the
18 kernel, and there's less work involved in keeping everything up to date. But
19 I can't comment on the nvidia drivers since I've never tried them. Nouveau
20 works well enough for me.
21
22 Terry