From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How long does "Verifying /usr/portage" take?
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 20:10:27
1 On 2018-07-06, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I haven't timed mine yet but that sounds about like mine here. I'm not
4 > sure what the bottleneck is but I have a four core AMD CPU running at
5 > 3.2GHz with 16GBs of ram and SATA spinning rust drives. While I'm glad
6 > to have the added security measures, it does add a significant amount of
7 > time to the update process, the tree not the compile part. We all know
8 > the compile part can get big. lol
9
10 Yea, it sounds a bit stupid to whine about an extra 15 minutes doing a
11 "sync" now that the build time for chromium is measured in days on a
12 not-that-old machine. :)
15 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! One FISHWICH coming
16 at up!!
17 gmail.com