From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Some symbols render incomplete in text mode
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 21:00:03
1 After a recent update of my Gentoo system,
2 I have noticed that some symbols may be
3 rendered incomplete in a text mode.
4
5 It happens in Gvim, in a web-browser and
6 in a dialog-window for saving files.
7 Maybe, also in xterm but I am not quite sure about it.
8 So, it is not specific to any application.
9
10 For example, while saving a web-page from
11 a google-chrome, I sometimes cannot see a dot
12 before html. However, it is present there.
13 Some letters can be shown without their
14 top parts. In youtube videos, I may see only
15 the lower part of a gear that denotes some
16 customization features and so on.
17
18 However, I do not see any distortion
19 in playing videos.
20
21 Does anybody have any idea on what may
22 cause such effects?