From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Iptables related] How to make one machine only talk on loc lan
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:53:29
1 On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > Machines 3-5 are heavy hitters for graphics work and are heavily
4 > loaded with such things as Photoshop, vegas, canopus Edius, Adobe
5 > Illustrator and the like.
6 >
7 > I don't want to have to worry about spyware,adware,virus prevention
8 > firewall stuff competing for resources with the graphics tools.
9 > Instead I'd like to prevent those three from contacting the internet.
10 >
11 > I want to isolate mch3-5 to only the local network.
12
13 Any simple off-the-shelf NAT router will do that.
14
15 But preventing updates (espec. if they're Windoze boxes) seems like a bad
16 idea to me.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list