From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Pth & Fluxbox
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 05:40:25
1 Yesterday's weekly system update brought 2 small noticeable improvements.
2
3 I boot into a raw console, then 'startx' to get going with Fluxbox.
4 For the past few weeks, there has been a small delay
5 while a little blank square was displayed in the top left corner,
6 until the toolbar (panel) + (FB)pager appeared.
7 After updating to pth-2.0.7-r2 both box & delay have vanished.
8
9 It's not clear why these events sb related, as Pth is needed only for KDE.
10 I have a lot of KDE 4 apps installed & ~/.xinitrc starts Kdelibs,
11 but that shouldn't affect the opening of Fluxbox:
12 at this stage, only Gkrellm has been started.
13
14 See other msg for the other improvement + a query.
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca