From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Getting rid of all kde components
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:06:42
1 Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext@×××.com> writes:
2
3 > Am Dienstag 18 November 2008 07:14:02 schrieb ext Harry Putnam:
4 >
5 >> I've decided to stop using KDE after yrs of use... given that gentoo
6 >> compiles everything from scratch, its just getting to much time lost
7 >> jacking around with kde during upgrades.
8 >
9 > Hmm, you already complained about installation (or compile) time in the cfg-
10 > update thread. Why did you choose Gentoo, if you don't like compiling stuff?
11 >
12 > BTW: I run KDE updates in the night.
13
14 You seem hell bent on picking a fight with me. But I'm not biting.
15
16 You are obviously far to sophisticated and knowledgeable for me. Or
17 at least you clearly think so.
18
19 And yet it slipped right over your head that I'm clearly juggling
20 things around that are bothersome to compile so that I can continue to
21 run Gentoo, like I've been doing long before I ever saw your name on
22 this list.
23
24 That huge intellect has told you to read that as a complaint.. and who
25 am I to argue.
26
27 So I'll just leave it that its not really up to you what I do or don't
28 like to compile or what OS I run.
29
30 PS- This is just a thought, but have you considered restricting your
32 query to suit your need to showoff that towering intellect?