From: brullo nulla <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] expat upgrade, kdelibs: circular problem?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:45:49
1 Ok, you all can stop ranting about ebuilds etc. being broken. :)
2
3 I found the culprit, it seems something wrong in the kdelibs building.
4 Basically, when kdelibs builds dcopidl, it happily *says* "oh, this
5 would need libXft, that in turn has a broken link to libexpat.so.0.
6 But who cares, let's go along with it!" instead of stopping and
7 telling me that libXft is broken.
8
9 I have no more the relevant compilation output snippet, but that's the
10 meaning. So, I just emerged libXft, fixing the expat link, and
11 everything went pretty smooth.
12
13 Now I have the problem that Thunderbird starts, but no window comes
14 out, but it's a different stuff...
15
16 m.
17 --