From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OFF TOPIC] Qt Creator unable to access containers in debug mode
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:05:04
1 Thank you, gonna play a bit around gdb.
2
3 Best regards,
4 Francisco
5
6 2015-03-24 10:52 GMT-03:00 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>:
7
8 > On 24/03/15 15:07, Francisco Ares wrote:
9 >
10 >> Hi,
11 >>
12 >> Recently - but can't figure out exactly when - Qt Creator has become
13 >> unable to access Qt containers (where the STL ones work as expected) on
14 >> the debug panel. It shows <not accessible> in place of the expected
15 >> item quantity for a QList, for instance, but for a
16 >> std::vector<std::string>, it works, allowing inspection of all items.
17 >>
18 >> Any hints on what I may be doing wrong? The headers are all accessible,
19 >> for instance. Should I build Qt with debug symbols enabled, as
20 >> recommended for glibc?
21 >>
22 >> Using current Qt 4.8.5, Qt Creator 2.8.1, gdb 7.7.1, gcc 4.8.3
25 > I remember having a problem with old Creator that had to do with showing
26 > contents of variables. I don't remember the details though. I only remember
27 > that the issue was gdb. I was using a version that was not working
28 > correctly with Creator 2.8. I had to downgrade to an old gdb. 7.5.1, I
29 > think.
30 >
31 > I can't reproduce the problem anymore, since I've since switched to
32 > Creator 3 (now on 3.3.2.) This is rather easy to upgrade to now, as Qt5 is
33 > now in portage (although in ~arch.) If you want to upgrade, note that you
34 > can still develop for Qt4 just fine. Qt5 is only used to run Creator
35 > itself, it doesn't have any effect on the version of Qt you want to develop
36 > for.