From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Rebuilding all dependants of a package
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 22:56:01
1 On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 21:29:42 +0000 (UTC), Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
2
3 > > That was useful and saved me the time to sed & grep my way through the
4 > > equery output. Turning this into a generic script is easy enough.
5 >
6 > For the peanut gallery..
7 >
8 > Turns out it's not so clear-cut since equery d finds *all possible*
9 > dependants, including those for unset USE flags.
10 >
11 > Oh well..depclan & grep here we go..
12 >
13 What's wrong with qdepends, which has an option to query reverse
14 dependencies and uses the installed package databas for its information
15 so it correctly considers USE flags?
16
17 qdepends is part f portage-utils, which you should have installed already.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Ralph's Observation - It is a mistake to allow any mechanical
24 object to realize that you are in a hurry.